Two days package tour from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai visit the first kingdom of Thailand
Travel to heritage province Lamphun, Lampang, Phitsanulok Sukhothai with historical expert, discover massive ruins, hidden temples in the ancient capital of Thailand, land of mysterious.
Day 1 : We will collect you from Your Chiang Mai hotel and drive south towards the city of Lampang. Here we will make a stop to see one of Lampang’s most import and beautiful temples Wat Lampang Luang. Following Wat Lampang Luang we will proceed to Sukhothai where lunch will be taken before we will spend the rest of the afternoon visiting Sukhothai Historical Park; the first truly independent Thai Kingdom, visit the ruins of the Royal Palaces, Buddhist temples, the city gates, walls, moats, dams, ditches, ponds canals and the water dyke control system which was the magical and spiritual center of the Kingdom are now preserved and restored by the Fine Arts Department with the cooperation of UNESCO.
In 1978, UNESCO named Sukhothai a target for preservation of world culture and heritage, along with Venice, Borobudur, Mohenjo-Daro, Carthage, and Nubia. In 1988, the Thai government, international and regional archaeologists, and art historians under the direction of the Fine Arts Department, with financial assistance from UNESCO, completed the preservation of these magnificent monuments and an excellent museum in one large park. Within Sukhothai Historical Park. You will then be transferred to your hotel near by Historical Park.
- 7.30 am pick up from your Chiang Mai hotel
- Drive to Lampang visit Wat Lampang Luang
- Drive to Sukhothai
- Visit Sukhothai Historical Park
- King Ramkhamhaeng Momument
- Wat Sri Sawai
- Wat Tra Phang Ngoen
- Wat Sa Sri
- Ta Pha Daeng Shrine
- Wat Si Chum
- Wat Sorasak
- Wat Phra Phai Luang
- 17:00 Back to Hotel
Day 2 : We will collect you from your Sukhothai hotel and drive east towards the city of Phitsanulok. First you visit Wat Mahatat on the banks of the Nan River with its all over Thailand famous Buddha statue. Here you will visit an important city temple as well as the interesting Buddha image making foundry. After Phitsanulok we will proceed north to Srisanchanalai a further old Thai kingdom and home still to many old temples and temple remnants. At Srisatchanalai Historical Park, its ruins lie on the right bank of the Yom River, one of the best examples of a Thai Muang, it was laid out along fixed cosmological lines – temple complexes lay at its heart, surrounded by city walls, rivers and forest. From the Sukhothai period. Our last stop before returning to Chiang Mai will be at the small city of Lamphun where we will drop in to see Lamphun’s most important temple at Phra That Haripoonchai Lamphun. The tour will finish when we transfer you to your Chiang Mai hotel.
- 8:00 a.m. pick up from your Sukhothai hotel
- Drive to Phitsanulok
- Wat Phra Sri Rattana Mahathat
- Visit Buddha statue Foundry (closed Monday, Tuesday and public holidays)
- Visit Sri Sanchanalai Historical Park
- Chaow Jan Temple
- Chang Lom Temple
- Chedi Chet Thaeo Temple
- Nang Phaya Temple
- Drive to Lamphun
- Wat Phra That Haripoonchai Lamphun
- Back to Chiang Mai Hotel
|Package05 : 2 days Package Tour from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai
Package Tour from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai
|* Hotel requirement please contact us
A child safety restraint seats (Car seat) are available with advance reservation.
- 2 days tour
- Private tour arranged only for your group.
- Group size 1-2 persons : We use commuter sedan car 4-7 seats with air-condition.
- Group size 3-12 persons : We use commuter van 9-13 seats with air-condition.
- This private tour included only a transport and a driver.
- For our Muslim guests, halal meal can usually be arranged. Please notify us on your booking.
- For an English speaking guide, pay extra 1,500 Bath/Day. If you require a guide, please notify us on your booking. (Other languages tour guide are available on request with different rate.)
- Accommodation is not included.
- Insurance cover medical bills up to a maximum amount of 1,000,000 baht.
Good morning. we are a couple are visiting Chiang Mai in two weeks. We want a package one day to sukhothai.Is that posible?
Thank you so much
Dear Carolina! Have you received an answer to your question? We are also interested in the same tour and I was wondering if you could share your experiences. Thank you. Judit
We are going to chiagmai in november. Can we just book the tour we want when in chiang mai. Please advise us. Thanks
Can we just book tours when in chiang mai. Thanks